km² of area
Inhabitants per square kilometre
Average price per m² flat
Average price per m² house
Share of primary residences
Share of secondary residences
Share of vacant residences
Average rental rate per night
Average occupancy rate
Average monthly rental income
Saint-Jean-de-Luz, warm and authentic
In the south-west, in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, Saint-Jean-de-Luz opens onto the Bay of Socoa, in the Bay of Biscay. The bay is a fine sandy cove bathed in the blue of the ocean, with the Rhune mountain as a backdrop. Saint Jean de Luz seduces by its art of living, because it knows how to receive and share, by the multitude of activities proposed, without forgetting its festivals, memorable in the Basque Country and its gastronomy. Saint-Jean de Luz is therefore the destination par excellence for discovering and understanding Basque identity and culture.
Buying a second home in
The undeniable attraction of the Basque Coast for several years has led to a clear increase in prices in Saint Jean de Luz. Thanks to its geographical location between the sea and the mountains, its dynamism and its quality of life, the Basque Country is becoming increasingly attractive, and an increase in sales prices of around 14% has been noted. This trend is clearly evident in the price of houses.
Immediate proximity to the beach
- 7.15 am from Paris
- 2 hours from Bordeaux
- 3 hours from Toulouse
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz - Ciboure TGV station
- 4h20 shortest journey from Paris
- Departure from Paris Montparnasse
- Biarritz international airport 15 km from Saint-Jean-de-Luz
activities to do in
- Learn to surf on a surfing course
- Visit the village of Sare, classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France
- Treat yourself to a wellness break at the thalasso centre
- Enjoy a Basque cake from Pariès or Maison Adam
- Watch a game of Cesta Punta, the most spectacular form of Basque pelota
- Take a nice day hike to reach the summit of the Rhune
- Try rafting with your family on the white water of the Nive
- Attend the traditional Toro de Fuego which sets the Place Louis XIV alight every summer
- Go fishing in one of the famous fishing spots of Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- Visit the house of Louis XIV, the house of the Infanta and the church of St. John the Baptist, in the unforgettable footsteps of the king's wedding
Discover the good addresses
Gastronomic restaurant located in the oldest house in Saint-Jean-de-Luz. The elegance of this historic house dating from 1540 is in keeping with the cuisine of this Michelin-starred restaurant. The menu is subtle, modern and flavoursome.
17 Rue de la République, 64500 Saint-Jean-de-Luz
At the White Pigeons
This central restaurant is an institution in Saint jean de Luz, it offers a bistronomic cuisine with local products that you can enjoy in the dining room or on the terrace.
8 Rue de la République, 64500 Saint-Jean-de-Luz
Seafood cuisine in a chic and contemporary industrial-style setting with a terrace and sea view.
160 Rte des Plages, 64500 Saint-Jean-de-Luz
In this tea room, one comes to taste the wonderful homemade hot chocolates to be accompanied by their famous milk breads.
42 Rue Léon Gambetta, 64500 Saint-Jean-de-Luz